IOB was tasked with supporting the collegiate component of the Boss Women Media Virtual Black Girl Magic Summit powered by Amazon’s Black Business Accelerator by hosting 5 HBCU in-person watch parties on 5 campuses and recruiting 50 brand ambassadors for the campus events. We were also tasked with promoting the summit and virtual Capital One “Invest in Yourself” chat to the general HBCU audience to get students registered to attend.
- Interviewed and hired 10 well-positioned students to serve as ambassadors per campus
- Coordinated and planned each event with each university including event space, logistics and catering
- Managed ambassador social media posting campaign and deployed an IOB social and email campaign leading up to events to promote event awareness on each campus and generate interest amongst the general college demographic
- Facilitated lunch and Boss Box distribution during and after campus events (final execution plan due to COVID-19)
- Over 40 brand ambassadors successfully hosted a pickup station for students to retrieve lunch and Boss Boxes during the Virtual Black Girl Marketing Summit across 5 HBCU campuses
- 8,000 students attended the virtual summit