About the Program:
The VMG Partners ecosystem of brands stands for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, in partnership with their portfolio companies – [solidcore], OVME, Milton’s Craft Bakers, Swell, Shogun – 10 interns from colleges across the country will partake in a 10-week internship program in which they will participate in on-the-job training across a range of functions, as well as engage in panels, workshops, and more. To ultimately, equip them with skills and a network to start a career within consumer/services/retail and tech industries, whether as an entrepreneur, an operator, or beyond.
Shogun is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the best remote company. In order to build the best remote company, we need to hire the best talent, which is where you come in. Shogun is looking for a motivated and naturally curious talent acquisition intern who will help us identify, engage with, and hire the best talent for our open positions.
As an Intern on our growing Talent Acquisition team, you’ll partner directly with recruiters and recruiting leadership to help Shogun hire the best remote talent across our business. You will learn about the various open roles at Shogun and understand the competencies required for someone to be successful in each role. By combining your knowledge of the roles and sourcing strategies you will be taught, you will help us identify and attract the best talent for our open roles.
10 weeks (Late May – Late July)
- Do market research to find companies who have similar tech stacks to Shogun
- Identify top talent based on inductive and deductive reasoning and available data
- Review resumes and make pass-through recommendations
- Learn the ins and outs of sourcing tools and technology
- Create compelling sourcing messages and campaigns
- Use data to partner with recruiters to develop new sourcing strategies
Experience and interests:
- A rising senior in college
- Demonstrates effective teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
About VMG Partners:
With over 15 years of industry expertise, VMG Partners is a leading, high-growth consumer and retail-focused investment firm with a focus on supporting founders and management teams on their mission to create and scale differentiated consumer brands and experiences.
The firm has a longstanding track record of working closely with iconic, category-leading brands across consumer and retail industry verticals on all key aspects of building their businesses while taking an entrepreneurial, “people-first” approach to partnership. Such brands include Babyganics, Briogeo, Daily Harvest, Drunk Elephant, Justin’s, KIND Healthy Snacks, Pirates Booty, Nature’s Bakery, Quest, Spindrift, and many others. VMG Partners invests in both growth-stage and venture businesses through its two strategies, VMG Growth and VMG Catalyst. The firm was founded in 2005 and has offices in San Francisco and New York City.
Shogun is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the best remote company. Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we’ve seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely. We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Some of our investors include VMG Partners, Insight Partners, Initialized Capital, Accel, and Y Combinator. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Please complete your application by April 11th.Apply Now