About the Program:
The VMG Partners ecosystem of brands stands for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, in partnership with their portfolio companies – [solidcore], OVME, Milton’s Craft Bakers, Swell, Shogun – 10 interns from colleges across the country will partake in an 10-week internship program in which they will participate in on-the-job training across a range of functions, as well as engage in panels, workshops, and more. To ultimately, equip them with skills and a network to start a career within consumer/services/retail and tech industries, whether as an entrepreneur, an operator or beyond.
Swell is looking for a motivated Finance Intern to help partner with finance and accounting to address key challenges and spot potential business opportunities. You will learn how to put your analytical skills to work in a practical way with our CFO and Director of Accounting in a highly technical and collaborative environment. At Swell we are making headless ecommerce accessible for everyone. Swell gives developers, agencies, and merchants around the world the tools and infrastructure to sell on the internet the way they want. From new startups to large enterprises, our customizable backend enables the creation of innovative shopping experiences today, and is ready for what comes next.
10 weeks (Late May – Late July)
The finance intern will…
- Partner with the finance and accounting team to address key challenges, potential business opportunities, and gather key financial information and insight
- Access and integrate information/data from a variety of sources and bring it together into a structured environment for analytics and reporting
- Work with multiple data sources to ensure availability and integrity of data
- Use analytical techniques to understand, analyze, and deliver recommendations to improve the business
- Define and document core business metrics, definitions, and logic collaborating with the business teams across the US
- Complete a final presentation to finance and accounting team covering your experience with Swell
Experience and interests:
- A rising senior in college
- Demonstrates effective teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
About VMG Partners:
With over 15 years of industry expertise, VMG Partners is a leading, high-growth consumer and retail focused investment firm with a focus on supporting founders and management teams on their mission to create and scale differentiated consumer brands and experiences.
The firm has a longstanding track record of working closely with iconic, category-leading brands across consumer and retail industry verticals on all key aspects of building their businesses while taking an entrepreneurial, “people-first” approach to partnership. Such brands include Babyganics, Briogeo, Daily Harvest, Drunk Elephant, Justin’s, KIND Healthy Snacks, Pirates Booty, Nature’s Bakery, Quest, Spindrift, and many others.
VMG Partners invests in both growth-stage and venture businesses through its two strategies, VMG Growth and VMG Catalyst. The firm was founded in 2005 and has offices in San Francisco and New York City.
Swell is a customizable headless ecommerce platform that supports unique business models and customer experiences. Our goal is to make ecommerce accessible for everyone with a platform suitable for both B2C and B2B models.
Swell’s API-first backend and modern development tools provide a future-proof platform for innovative businesses ranging from small coffee roasters to international enterprises. Regardless of your business model, you can host your digital retail experiences on Swell without relying on a patchwork of extra apps and services.
We at Swell are a remote-first, global team with high aspirations. Always striving for excellence, we continuously seek new and innovative ways to push our product further. We do this while working with a culture and people-first mindset to enhance our creativity, innovation, collaboration and ultimately build the future of ecommerce.
Please complete your application by April 11th.Apply Now